The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday announced the list of its star campaigners for the upcoming mega battle of ballots. AAP Senior Leader and Delhi Convenor Gopal Rai while briefing the media has declared all the names that include Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Deputy CM Manish Sisodia among others.
Rai said that these 15 names have been submitted to poll body for their approval and party will announce more names in the coming weeks. He further added that the party has finalized at least 40 names of star campaigners, and all of them will be campaigning for the party in Delhi,” Rai added.
Apart from Delhi Chief Minister and Deputy CM, the party has announced the names of Gopal Rai, Bhagwant Mann, Rajya Sabha MPs Sanjay Singh, Dr Sushil Gupta, ND Gupta, and Lawmakers Satyendra Jain, Imran Hussain, Rajendra Pal Gautam, Kailash Gehlot, Saurabh Bhardwaj, Rakhi Birla, Jarnail Singh, and Shahnaz Hindustani.
— AAP (@AamAadmiParty) March 27, 2019
Aam Aadmi Party in a run-up to the general elections has already announced its candidates on all 7 seats of the National Capital. Aam Aadmi Party in its ‘Mission Delhi’ has announced to field
- Atishi from East Delhi Parliamentary seat
- Raghav Chaddha from South Delhi Parliamentary seat
- Pankaj Gupta from Chandni Chowk Parliamentary seat
- Dilip Pandey from North East Delhi Parliamentary seat
- Gugan Singh from North West Delhi Parliamentary seat
- Brajesh Goel from the New Delhi Lok Sabha seat
- Balbir Singh Jakhar from West Delhi Seat
Apart from Delhi, the party has also announced to contest 3 seats in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
Polling to all seven seats of the national capital will undergo in a single phase on May 12.
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: PM Modi to kick off poll Campaign with one day visit to Jammu and Kashmir
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: ‘Fails to get 10 proposers’ AAP’s Gautam Budh Nagar Candidate’s Nomination Rejected by EC
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Samajwadi Party announces 3 more Candidates; Hemraj Verma to take on BJP’s Varun Gandhi in Pilibhit